Magnet and Motor Simulation incl. Voice Coil
PointSource Acoustics use the magnet system simulation program “MagNet” from Infolytica which is a highly advances magnet simulation program that can handle static, transient and transient with motion solver.
PointSource has developed a simulation method to estimate the THD distortion as function of frequency from a magnet system long before parts are tooled.
- Strength and symmetry of motor (static force factor, Bl(x))
- Load line and working point
- Distortion in motor (blocked impedance Z(f) with eddy current/skin effect losses)
Transient with Motion simulation
- Strength and symmetry of motor (dynamic force factor, Bl(x,i,f))
- THD distortion, 2nd and 3rd harminic distortion