Loudspeaker Design from A-Z
PointSource Acoustics has many years of experience developing loudspeaker drivers from design concept to finished sample. PointSource Acoustics has experience in designing and managing complex loudspeaker platforms from 2 inch to 15 inch and tweeters as well as midrange drivers.
In the loudspeaker development phase PointSource Acoustics can jump in on all levels of the process from the very beginning, brainstorming of new loudspeaker concepts to when things went wrong and existing loudspeaker does not work as expected.
- Spec. target performance
- Choice of components
- Choice of suppliers
- Magnet system optimization for individual application
- Voice coil specification
- Design of new complete roadmap platforms
The development process includes the following:
- Research the marked and recommend loudspeaker drivers
- Preliminary Stack up analyse – dimension study
- FEA magnet system, cone and spider
- 3D and 2D drawings
- Specify VC dimension, wire gauge etc.
- Simulate loudspeaker T/S parameters
- Source components
- Build, measure and evaluate samples
- Power test and identify mechanical construction
- Finalize modified components, build, measure and test final samples
- Prepare hand-over documentation for any manufacturing facility